We do not provide language translations as such, but we do provide .po and .mo language files. You can use an application such as PoEdit to create translations in your own language. You will have to translate a separate .po file for each FooEvents plugin and extension.
Please follow these steps:
- Translate the text in the file called default.po in an application such as PoEdit. You will find this file in the root of the FooEvents plugin folder i.e. “your-website-url/wp-content/plugins/fooevents”
- Generate a .mo file from the .po file
- Give the files the correct names depending on the FooEvents plugin that you are translating. For the main FooEvents for WooCommerce plugin the files should be renamed to woocommerce-events-en_CA.po and woocommerce-events-en_CA.mo for Canadian English. You would replace the “en” and “CA” with your language and country abbreviations. You can view a list of locale codes here: https://wpcentral.io/internationalization/
If you want to see what the files should be named for each plugin, please look at the file “your-website-url/wp-content/plugins/fooevents-plugin-name/languages/readme.txt”
- Place your translated .po and .mo files in the WordPress plugins languages directory i.e. “wp-content/languages/plugins/” OR languages directory of the plugin i.e.”your-website-url/wp-content/plugins/fooevents-plugin-name/languages/”
- Change the WordPress language in settings to the relevant language
For more information click on the following link: https://poedit.net/wordpress
FooEvents is also compatible with the WordPress Multilingual (WPML) plugin.