Visit the Ticket Barcodes section to find out more about barcodes
Scanning using the FooEvents Check-ins apps
The barcode scanner uses the mobile device’s built-in camera and operating system libraries to scan ticket barcodes.
Follow these steps to scan a ticket using the FooEvents Check-ins apps:
- Open the app and connect to your store
- Navigate to the event
- Select the barcode icon
- A camera view will display, hold the device approximately 10cm – 30cm (4″ – 12″) above the barcode
- Scan the ticket and check-in the attendee
- Enable the Auto check-ins feature to speed up check-ins
In addition to using the built-in camera, you can also connect a handheld Bluetooth barcode scanner to the FooEvents Check-ins apps for the best accuracy and scanning speed.
To do so, please follow these instructions:
- Connect the Bluetooth scanner to your device.
- Open the FooEvents Check-ins app and login
- Go to the app Settings
- Enable the Bluetooth barcode scanner setting
- Navigate to the event listing and select the relevant event
- Select the barcode icon at the bottom of the screen and start scanning tickets
Scanning using FooEvents Express Check-in
These instructions will outline how to use a barcode scanner with the FooEvents Express Check-in extension.
- Connect a USB or Bluetooth scanner to your desktop computer
- Go to your WordPress Admin Area > FooEvents > Express Check-in in your desktop browser
- Enable Auto Search – The search box will automatically display data as you type
- Enable Auto Check-in – The attendee will automatically be marked as “Checked In” if a ticket ID is found that matches the search criteria. This is intended to save time, especially when using a barcode scanner
- Place the cursor in the text box
- Scan a ticket and the ticket ID will display in the text box